Monday, January 25, 2010

Celebration of Granpa Al's Life

So for those of you who don't know, Micah's Grandpa Al went to heaven to spend eternity with Jesus on the first of the year. He was a great man and I can't say too much without bawling because we miss him so much so if you want to you can read the other post that I made about him earlier this month. Here are some pictures that I enjoyed taking. One thing that happened through all this is that family that hadn't seen each other in a long time came together and got to see each other. It was awesome to be able to meet some of Micah's family that I hadn't gotten the opportunity to meet yet. Everything went so well it was amazing.


This was the table in the front of the funeral home that sat Granpa's chaps for horseback riding and his leather vest that he would ride his motorcycle with.


Grandpa's chaps.


Grandpa's vest that I think Grandma did all the stuff on it. On the front it had Al embroidered on it.

THE FAMILY!!! Yes we are a lovely looking bunch.


Micah and I.

Shawn and Lenny. This is Grandpa's sister.


Alan, Uncle Mike, and Patrick (Worm). In the middle is Grandpa's brother and the left and right of him are Uncle Mike's two sons.

The three girls.


Vickie, Gracie, Dave, Jacie, Rick, and Dick. Gracie is Grandpa's sister and Vickie and Rick are her kids, Dave is married to Vickie and Dick is married to Gracie. Jacie is Dave and Vickie's daughter.

What a beautiful family!


Did I say beautiful? I meant weird. I love this family!


The rest of us.


Joel and Peggy, Joel is Grandpa Al's son.


Grandpa Al's sons. Kris, Mitch (grandpa's adopted son... for all intents and purposes), Joel, and Ozzie, and of course Grandma Nita.


Cody, Jasmond, Uncle Kris, Kylar, and Kristian. Uncle Kris' kids.

1 comment:

Monique said...

The whole time I was reading this blog, I was singing "We are Family" in my head. I am glad that you got a chance to celebrate his life. He has some great progeny.