Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas Eve and Christmas

I LOVE Pinterest!  I think that may be an understatement.  I really do!  I love the idea that people can share recipes with me without having a recipe exchange, not that I don't like that too, I just love that it can be done 24/7.  And the craft ideas that I get from there!?  What!?  I love it!  And then there are the movies people love, oh and the pictures people post of beautiful places and beautiful things.  Okay so I'm a little bit of a pinterest junky I guess lately.  I just need to sit down and do some of the things I've pinned and quit pinning them.  Well, I'll keep pinning things anyway, but I'd like to do and pin and repeat.

Okay now that I've admitted to my pinterest addiction I will post some pictures of our Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.  It was so much fun.  Micah's grandparents are here and enjoying our crazy family during this time.  I'm so grateful for family.  Sad that we're not closer to family!  Maybe someday...

Okay so here are the pictures.

This is Christmas Eve.  We are "decoration Christmas trees" with sugar cones, frosting, and some sprinkles and such.

Samara decorating hers.

I caught Nattie off guard so she wasn't posing, one of her favorite things to do.

The girls.  Although Micah and I joined in the fun and made some too.  I took a bite of mine and Micah's was for decartion only but the girls gobbled theirs all up.  SUGAR HIGH!!!

Nattie's finished masterpiece

Dig right in!!!

Alyssa's Finished, ready to eat.

And Samara.

Here's my hubby's finished 

We went to church on Christmas Eve.  Thank you Grandma Sue for the beautiful Christmas dresses!!!

We sang happy birthday to Jesus!



Christmas Eve was a success.  Wonderful worship service at church.  Lots of fun games and things to do.   They said it was the best Christmas Eve ever.  They always say stuff like that though so I don't know if it really was or not.  Well, I'll take it for what was said and not over analyze.  BEST CHRISTMAS EVE EVER!!!

Here are the Christmas pictures.

I crocheted a headband for each of the girls.  I think they turned out really well.  I also made a ton of the scarves you see on Samara.  I made there's a little smaller, out of the extra yarn I had.  It's a weird type of yarn but wasn't difficult to figure out how to use. 

Alyssa digging into her stocking.

My friend made this one for Nattie.  She wanted to use it as a necklace instead of a scarf.

Grandpa digging in to his stocking.

Meemo's stocking and some liqueur.

The headphones you get with Rosetta Stone aren't very good, or we are just hard on headphones, so we got a new pair of headphones (wireless, so the chair doesn't roll over the cord). 





The girls made a lot of handprint gifts this year.  This is one they made for Old Grandpa, as they call him.

Thank you pinterest!  This idea was on pinterest.  It is a Friendship bracelet kit.  I didn't do the whole kit because I have 3 girls that use the floss for them.  But I love the idea of these boards so you don't have to use tape or a safety pin to hold it steady while you do the bracelet.

Meemo wearing the ear warmers I made for her.  I think they turned out really cool too.

Add caption

Micah's grandma Nita made us this quilt.  It is so comfortable.  I LOVE IT!! 

Time to make some grubI felt like I was cooking or cleaning all day in the kitchen.  Although the food was so worth it!


Carving the turkey.  YUMMY!  I'm wearing the jewelry Mama Jay got me for Christmas.  I really love it too! She did such a good job picking it out.

The only thing that would've made this day better was to be with the rest of our friends and family all day.  I love getting together with all the family and friends and having a GREAT BIG get together.  At least we had some family here.  It makes me happy that we could spend Christmas with them.  They are pretty awesome!!!

1 comment:

Christie said...

Looks like a fun holiday! LOVE the crocheting! :)