Monday, May 24, 2010

Wow

I knew this before but I am getting hit quite hard by it right now, that whenever you do something that has eternal value things get thrown at you that you never thought would. We had to go get our blood drawn twice because the person who drew it did it in expired tubes. So this delayed us about 2 1/2 weeks for that particular thing... which isn't a huge delay since I did get it going as one of the first things. But when I went to pick up the paperwork that stated that we were HIV and syphylis (sp?) free Micah's had the wrong birth date. I blame it on the military since they make you write it as dd mon year... example today would be 24 May 2010. So Micah wrote his birthday 01/02/1983 but was born on the first of February. Oy. The nurse said all she had to do was call down and get it changed and then reprinted so hopefully that is the case and we can get this taken care of. My first reaction was to be furious with Micah. (Anyone else know what I'm talking about?) And I did at first and then realized that with something like this there are going to be setbacks... which we've had a lot of already! My response to this minor thing showed me something about my character that I didn't like. I pray that I learn patience throughout this! I was told by someone before never to pray for patience, which I don't exactly, I pray that in everything I do I LEARN patience. Thank you to everyone who is praying for us or has helped us with any expenses... you are all true blessings to us!

No comments: