Sunday, June 6, 2010

Thoughts of Haiti

One of our friends is in Haiti and I would like to share something that he wrote home to his wife. I didn't ask him if I could use what he said but she posted it on her blog so I don't think they would mind.

"I literally had to take a break for a while and try to collect my thoughts. It's a bit overwhelming to be grabbed at and touched by this many children. Not to say that I have attained Christ-likeness (is that a word?), but I wonder if this is how He felt as He traveled from place to place. No wonder He taught us to make sure we go to our quiet place everyday to connect to the Father and get refreshed. Maybe this is more what life should be like for all of us? We should NEED to get in our quiet place everyday because we are giving so much of ourselves away for others. God help me live this daily."

Wow! I agree with this! I went to Haiti in April and know exactly what he is talking about. It was absolutely crazy there. You have to get out of your comfort zone. You have the chance of getting lice, scabies, skin infections, ring worm, etc. just by being with the kids and letting them touch you so much. But you can't tell them no... you don't want to tell them no. All you want to do is hug them and kiss them and tell them that they are beautiful.

I'm having a really hard time this week. I am trying to put on a fundraiser and I just feel like only a few people want to help. I completely understand that people have things going on but it's hard work to put something like that on and I need people. God give me the strength to get through! The other thing is that trying to fund these adoptions seem impossible. We have gotten a few donations and are planning some fundraisers but it just seems so far away. God is a BIG God and I know that He will come through, most likely when I least expect it. I've learned waiting on God is the ONLY thing I can do. Lord, show me your way and help me to give this whole process up to you so that your GLORY will shine!

No comments: