Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Gratituesday... Adoption Process

Here I am again... it is Gratituesday!  Technically this week we are on a media fast.  It's like when you do a fast from food only we are giving up media for this week.  That includes TV, PS3 games, Wii games, Games on our phones, zune, Nintendo DSi, etc.  Pretty much anything electronic.  BUT I decided that I wouldn't give up the opportunity to type a Gratituesday response here since really a fast is supposed to bring you closer to God and what better way to do that than to share with others what you are thankful for.  So here I am and here I go!

I am so thankful for the process of adoption!  If you don't know our family's story, we have been in the process of adopting two sisters from Haiti ages 11 and 12, about to turn 12 and 13.  We started this process March 2010.  We had a lot of doubts, a lot of fears, a lot of anxiety about the whole thing but every time we needed something to do with these adoptions God provided.  He provided peace, finances, wisdom, time off of work... the list goes on and on. 

Here is a picture of my husband and I and Guerline (girl ene) on the right and Fafane (faw fawn) on the middle of us.  They are such precious little getting older, girls.   
 Even though we've been in the process of adoption for 3 frustrating trying years, it has been an awesome growing experience for our whole family.  We have gotten to know the heart of God so much more.  We know that all we can do is PRAY!  There is nothing more that we can do, so we've had to really rely on God for everything!  I am thankful for the PROCESS because the process tells me that these girls, and some others in the orphanage are going to be able to have a chance at a much different life than they would ever dream of.  As time goes on every second, every minute, every hour, every day, every week, every month, every year is one more closer to the time GOD has decided that these girls will be with us!  I am PRAYING and VERY HOPEFUL that they will be coming home this year.  Please if you get a chance pray with me!  There is so much POWER in prayer especially "where two or more are gathered"!! 

Here is Fafane.  She is more serious than Guerline, she's the older one.  I just love that sweet face.  I have trouble typing this even now... missing them both!  I have been to Haiti 3 times and my husband has been twice so we know these girls.  I feel like I know them more than I should for someone who is in America and they are in Haiti!  God is good like that.

This is our Guerline.  She is super outgoing!  She loves getting her picture taken and loves to make faces for said pictures.  Here is a great example of that!

Guerline is the one two in from the right.  She's wearing the same outfit that she's wearing in the picture above.  
One thing that we get asked a lot is "why are you adopting from Haiti when we have so many kids in America that also need homes?".  The answer is simple, God asked us too.  But other than that we don't know.  Never in a million years would I have thought that we would be adopting from Haiti!  I have thought about adopting but kind of as "it would be really cool to adopt" not "Hey, let's adopt from Haiti, spend a bunch of money, and wait 3 years for some kids".  We are just trying to be obedient to what God has for us. 

I don't believe that everyone is called to adopt but we are all called to help orphans (and widows) in their time of need.  (James)  So ask God what you should do for orphans, whether in America, Africa, China, etc... 



I am so thankful for this process!!!

Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!

No comments: