Thursday, January 17, 2013

Who God is


I am doing a Bible study right now called Lord, I Want To Know You by Kay Arthur.  I love Kay Arthur's teachings because she goes into depth and makes me think so much about whatever it is I'm studying.  She is amazing.  I love the way the Lord speaks through her.

At lifegroup last night (a group of friends from church come over and we discuss the sermon from the week) we were talking about changing our attitudes, I know I need an attitude adjustment a lot!  I have been learning a lot as I've been studying the Bible and reading this book, and talking to my friends about God.  I have learned that I don't just need to know what God does, but who He is.  God doesn't just love me… HE IS LOVE!  God doesn't just forgive me… HE IS FORGIVENESS!  God doesn't just give me hope… HE IS HOPE!  God doesn't just give me the way the truth and the life… HE IS THE WAY, THE TRUTH, AND THE LIFE!  How encouraging that is to know.  That God doesn't just DO, He IS!  So whatever it is that He does He can also do through us because He lives in us and IS that characteristic.  WOW!!!  I needed to hear that from the Lord and I'll bet someone out there needs to hear it too. 

Until next time--
PEACE

No comments: