Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Being Grateful

I read a blog that I've mentioned quite a bit in my posts.  Heavenly Homemakers  Every Tuesday she writes a post about things she's thankful for.  I LOVE this idea.  I am not very structured in life let alone my blog but I want to try and do this every Tuesday.  It's not a commitment or anything just a goal.  Maybe if I set an alarm on my phone I will remember.  I think writing these posts will do a couple of things.

1. Remind me to count my blessings instead of staring at the hard times.
2. Remind me that God is ultimately in control and that He is caring for me in the big things and in the little things.
3. My girls ask me what I'm typing when I'm on the computer, so what an awesome witness to them to remind them to be grateful.
4. Hopefully others will be inspired to also write about what they are grateful for and be lifted by it.

I believe so much that praising and worshiping the Lord will lift me.  When we praise Him despite our circumstances our focus changes to be all about HIM instead of about our situation.  There are some really tough things we go through as humans and they aren't to be discounted, they are hard!  But in the midst of all of this remember that GOD is ALWAYS GOOD!  We should praise Him.

Today, I am so grateful for my family.  I love being able to be a stay at home, homeschooling mom to my girls.  I am ever so grateful that I have that choice. I love their hugs and loves all throughout the day.  I am so grateful that I get to spend that special time with them.

So often I think of the things that they've done wrong throughout the day.  But I know that they are amazing girls!  They have issues like any other flawed human being but I am truly grateful for all the love that they have in them.  They have an understanding of the Lord and want to please Him.  I love that!

I was reading a blog, Confessions of a Homeschooler, and she wrote about a Christmas idea that she does every year.  I am excited about making this an annual Christmas event for our family.  If you'd like to read about what she does you can click the link, but here's what we didWe told our girls to get ready for bed while Daddy went to their beds and put papers on their bed that said "Get up, get your shoes on, grab a blanket and a pillow and get in the car".  Mommy got hot chocolate ready in their water bottles.  Then we went and looked at Christmas lights.  You can use this same idea for a lot of different things.  You could go to a movie or to go out to eat or to o to ice cream... if you live in a warm area.  I want to print out the tickets to the mini van express next year like the blog Confessions has on her site.  I'm already excited to do this next year!


What are you grateful for?

Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!

No comments: