Friday, August 29, 2008

Alyssa through the years

Alyssa is five now so you know what that means. Yep she's in Kindergarten. I'm not sure how she got so big so fast though. Somebody needs to explain that to me. Here are pictures of her every year of her life in August or September.


Not even one yet. I know that most people think their kids are superkids or superbabies but I think, even though I'm partial to my own children, that Alyssa has always been a superbaby and a superkid. She was rolling over at 4 days old, she learned to walk around 10 months old, she learned to read when she just turned 4, she understands the Bible when she reads it, she learned to add small numbers before she was five, she is learning how to add bigger numbers super fast, she's really intelligent, and she's the most beautiful five year old I know. How did I have a child this incredible? I'm in awe of my "baby". I'm very proud of my Alyssa.


This is 2004 when we went to Mexico with Meemo and Old Grandpa. For being only 1 year and 3 months old she didn't complain much.


2005. This is when Meemo and Aunt Carla came to see us. She's still so small. She has always been a small kid though.


2006. We were at Mama Jay and Papa Oz's house in this picture. It was on Labor Day. Her hair was still really short, Samara's almost grown out of the shirt that Alyssa's wearing in this picture. Wow, how crazy is that.


2007. This is Alyssa's first day of Pre-K last year. I remember she was so nervous. She did an excellent job though. Her teacher really taught them a lot.


Here is the big girl getting ready to walk to her school for her first day which was on Wednesday. She did a stagger day on Wednesday and then she starts for good on Tuesday. Look at how big she is!! I just can't believe it. She picks out her own clothes now and gets upset if she gets something that doesn't match and I tell her she shouldn't wear it. She said that she liked her teacher and that she had fun on her first day. I am still nervous because she is doing so well I don't want her to regress or to not progress at all. I pray for her every day and I ask that you do the same for me.


This is her new teacher. She said that they don't do Pre-K news anymore and they don't do Kindergarten news either they do K news. It was so cute how she laughed and laughed because they do K news now. By the way she is reading chapter books now. They have about 4-5 chapters in them so not too big but they are full of words. Again I'm so proud of her.

No comments: