Thursday, July 31, 2008

Triathlon splits

I finally got my splits from my triathlon but I think they're a little wrong. They timed the swim but they didn't stop the swim time until you were down the hill going into the transition area. Every other time is right but when I got into the pool Micah took a picture and when I got out of the pool Micah took a picture so I know my time on the actual 300 meter swim was 7 minutes 39 seconds but here's what they had for me. By the way, I already know I need to work on my transition times. They were quite high.

300 meter swim 8 minutes 14 seconds
Transition 1: 1 minute 16 seconds
11.5 mile Bike 39 minutes 32 seconds Average of 16.8 MPH
Transition 2: 1 minute 52 seconds
3.1 mile Run 27 minutes 11 seconds Run per Mile: 8:46
Overall Time 1:18:05.3

I know what I can cut back in and hopefully next time you'll see lower times or the same times for more mileage. I forgot to mention that my inspiration to start doing triathlons are my sisters Melissa and Angela. They kick butt at their triathlons so I figured I can at least try. You guys are awesome.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Kim, That is so awesome that you are doing triathalons now! If only I didn't fear water so much, I would def. do it. Right now I am training for distance, can you believe it! I eventually would like to run a marathon...but we'll see if I can get past 5 miles...it's sooo boring! How did you ever do it!?