Sunday, July 13, 2008

Biking

Since I got my knew bike, we have wanted to go biking as a family. Yesterday we got our chance. We had to figure out a way to have Natalie and Samara sit in the bike trailer that we found that someone was trying to throw away, and figure out what Alyssa was going to do as well. This is what we figured out. Alyssa gets on a tandem bike behind my old Wal Mart bike and Micah pulls the little ones in the trailer. He gets the bum end of that deal I think because at least Syssa sometimes helps me pedal. They all loved as did Micah and I. Nattie ended up falling asleep and Mara just sat there looking around. Syssa had a blast but towards the end started complaining that her bummy hurt. I think we're going to find some bike shorts or a bike seat cover for her so it won't hurt her to go so long. We took a 10 and a half mile bike ride so my bum was sore too because I didn't wear my bike shorts. On the way the girls got to see horses and a plane that was landing at the airport went right over us. Alyssa said, "Duck Mommy!" It was cute.We plan on doing more and more bike rides now that we can go as a family.

Nattie's wearing Mara's helmet so Samara had to wear my old helmet. We're going to have to get Nattie her own now. Although they don't really need them back there they like to be like Mommy, Daddy, and Syssa.



Syssa's new tandem bike.

1 comment:

Monique said...

You are brave, girl. WAY to go!