Thursday, September 18, 2008

The Thumb!!

We had quite an eventful morning this morning. I went to the gym this morning to work out like I've done many times before. We had just dropped Alyssa off at school so it was just Mommy, Mara, and Nattie. I put the girls in the playroom and got on the bike and started to ride. About 15 minutes into my 45 minute bike ride I see Nattie going towards the door which is just fine because I always shut the door before I go into the workout center. Before you know it I hear screaming. I think, at the time, that Nattie wanted me so she was crying for me but when I went to see what was going on Nattie's finger was in the door; the hinge part of the door. When I looked at her thumb right below the knuckle it was flat. When I asked Mara what happened she said that the people that left right after we got there had left the door open so Mara was trying to be helpful and shut the door before Nattie got out. I'm sure she had no clue that Nattie's thumb was in the door. My heart broke for Nattie. I didn't know if it was broken so I ran home and called a friend of mine... THANK YOU... who watched Samara while I took Nattie to the ER... just in case.!.! On the way there I called Mama Jay to ask them to keep Nattie in prayer and myself for that matter since I was a little nervous. She prayed for her right then on the phone... thank you Mama Jay. I got to the ER and they took X-Rays and said that it wasn't broken "whew". Thank you, Jesus. I know that to a lot of people this wouldn't be as significant as an experience as it was for me. In the midst of my troubles I had friends and family that would help out and pray for me and my family. What an awesome thing that God has given us to be able to love and care for people and to feel loved and cared for. I know that it was Christ who gave up His life for insignificant events like this. I believe that God healed my daughter right there in the car. If you would've seen the smashed thumb before and then the after of just swollen you would think a miracle happened too. I'm glad that my Jesus is on the throne. Praise be to Him. (Sorry for sounding like a sermon but I wanted everyone to know how I feel today.)


In the car getting ready to go to the ER. It's pretty swollen.


In the waiting room in the ER. I don't know about everyone else but I can tell a significant difference between the two. By the time I got her into the car and had the 20 minute drive to the hospital... with a ton of praying... it was already less swollen.


Daddy came from work to see if his baby was ok and by this time she was cranky because she had skipped her morning nap.

Thanks again for all that prayed for my baby. My mother's heart is getting weak. I remeber when this type of thing wouldn't effect me this badly but when it's one of my own it affects me a lot more. For those of you who arent' mothers, this is what you have to look forward to. ;-)

2 comments:

Life throws you surprises! said...

your welcome!

Matt, Michelle, Danica and Morgan said...

Poor thing!! She looks happy to see her daddy. :) Thankfully, we haven't had any major accidents like that yet.