Monday, September 29, 2008

Dinner and Triathlon

I had my second triathlon on the 27th. It was awesome. Even more awesome was that I was able to do it with my sister, Angela. It was a 500 yard swim, 16 mile bike (which was quite hilly), and a 5K (3.12 mile) run. I clocked in at 1 hour 47 minutes and 10 seconds. My sister got 1 hour 46 minutes and 22 seconds and got second place and her chain on her bike even fell off. I forgot my number on the run so I had to go back to the transition area to get it. If you're going to forget something at a triathlon don't let it be your number. I got 17th out of 32 women and 4th out of my age division. I think I did ok for not training very hard. Watch for me next year I'm going to the olympics. Oh wait the olympics aren't next year. I guess I won't be going to the olympics after all. ;-)


We went to Applebees the night before. This was not a very big town so they didn't have any pasta places around. Angela and I both had pasta at Applebees though. We almost didn't get to eat there because their gas line blew up or something. I guess it was a small explosion because we didn't hear it or know anything about it until our waitress came and told us. Our food was already done though so we got what we ordered. Some people had to change their orders.


My sister and her boyfriend, Gary. He's a really cool guy.


Look at how happy Micah looks. It might have been the 2 hour drive with the three girls. I think we were all tired at this point.


We are so beautiful!

The swim. I am the one with the blue goggles on.


Transitioning to the bike.


Getting ready to get on my bike.


I think this is the end of the run. I was kind of embarassed at this point that I had forgotten my number. One of the ladies was pretty ticked off but the other one took my name down and told me to get my tag off my number. I was very grateful that they didn't disqualify me. So that's it for triathlons this year. My next event will be my 5K for the Susan G. Komen foundation. Wish me luck on that one.

2 comments:

Monique said...

They have a triathlon here... come! :) Congrats on finishing so well! You rock!

Sheri said...

Congratulations Kim on a fantastic triathlon! You are an inspiration!!!