Friday, November 7, 2008

New House?

The search is over!!! After looking at 75 houses with our poor realtor and our kids going in and out of houses for almost a week straight we finally found the one we've been waiting for. We wanted to look at as many houses as we could before deciding on one and Micah has to go back to work soon so we were trying to find what was going to work best for us. WE FINALLY FOUND IT!!! We were trying to stay away from new homes since most of the homes that are new are going to be hard to resale in the future since they will be building in that area for 8-10 years so we decided we'd go with a preowned home which was fine with us. On the final house that we had to look at we decided that we wanted to just look at a new house so our realtor said there was a neighborhood that was new that would be building for only about another year and a half so resale would be good but it was farther away from Micah's work than we originally wanted. We took the drive and it's going to be a long drive to and from work but for the location and the schools that our girls will be going to, I think it will be worth it. Something about this home just feels right. Now you know that anything can happen before closing so it's not definite yet but we've started the paperwork and we're on our way to our first home! Those that know me well know that I've been longing for this day for a VERY long time. Check out the pictures. There will be more backyard pictures and even some front pictures coming soon, hopefully.




The outside. It has a front porch.



Tilt your head to the right and this is our front door.


When you walk into the house and turn to look at the front that's where this picture is. It's probably going to be where our computer goes.


This is on the other end of the computer room and it will be our formal dining room at some point. I'm not sure what it will be until that point yet but I'll figure something out I'm sure.


The family room and the windows looking out to the back. I know some of these pictures aren't the best. I took them at night. I will be getting more pictures later in the daytime though.


The downstairs bathroom. There is also a bedroom downstairs that we are going to use as the guest bedroom and when I get my treadmill that will go in there too.



The garage door has what's called the I-Drive. It doens't run off of a chain so it's not as loud and it gives a little chirp when it has opened all the way. It's actually quite cool.







Another one of my very favorite things about this house are the appliances. They are black and stainless steel which I'm in love with.



The dishwasher is one that has the disposal at the bottom of it so you don't have to worry about rinsing your dishes until they are clean before cleaning them in the dishwasher.



I love the microwave above the stove as well and there is the splash tile on the wall above the counter. The counters are made of laminate which I've never heard of but it has the look of granite but is easier to take care of. I hope I like it because I've never heard of it.


The kitchen. Look at all the outlets on the countertops! Look at all the counter space! Also there's an outlet on the island which I'm also thrilled about.



The breakfast nook. In the window, you can't really tell, there is a little bench where I could put some pillows to sit on and look out. Also there are no blinds in the house but part of the deal with buying the house was that they will put in white faux wood blinds. I'm really excited about that because they normally cost between 60 and 130 dollars.





The pantry.




This is upstairs. The balcony and railing instead of a wall.




This is taken out of the gameroom facing the Master Bedroom.


Looking into the Master Bathroom.



The master tub.



Double sinks! Yeah!


Separate shower. It also has a separate toilet but I didn't post just the toilet.




The utility room, washer and dryer hookups, are upstairs which I really love that too.



The upstairs bathroom.



The closets have these kind of doors not sliding doors.



This is Micah and I pulling the Available sign out of the ground. They put a sold sign in the ground but I'm not taking a picture in front of that until the day we close.


So that's it. Wish us luck with the paperwork and our move. I can't wait for everyone to come see us and see our house when we get it.

3 comments:

Life throws you surprises! said...

I am so jealous!!! Congrats. I love your house. The Kitchen....Oh my goodness!!!!!!!!

Matt, Michelle, Danica and Morgan said...

Kim-
I'm so excited for you guys!! That house is AMAZING! Your girls will love it. :) I want a kitchen just like that when we get our first house. We've been renting for so long. Someday...

Allison McMillan said...

The house is gorgeous! We miss you guys, but it is so nice to keep up with you via the blog. Kiss the girls for me and tell the big girls Carissa says, "Hi!"