Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Girl's Flowers

We've been going to the Farmer's Markets lately, to buy good wholesome fresh foods, and lately there have been people selling vegetable plants as well as a ton of flowers. Every time we go the girls, especially Mara, and I usually have said no because I wanted to get my vegetable garden up and going. But today there were so many beautiful flowers and the girls kept asking so I decided that they could each get one that they would be able to plant and take care of themselves.


This plant was bought by accident. It's called Bee's Balm. It attracts humingbirds and butterflies, and bees (which I'm not too fond of). I love humingbirds and butterflies though and it's supposed to be a nice red flower that comes out of it so I decided I'd keep it. I was trying to by the chocolate mint; they were close together and I guess I just grabbed the wrong one.
This is Mara's flower it's called a Penta. It also attracts humingbirds and butterflies.


This is called rue. It also attracts butterflies. I hope I'm going to have a lot of humingbirds and butterflies in my yard. I LOVE them!


Alyssa's flower, the Zenia.


The flower that I picked out. It's called a Rock Rose.


Nattie's flower a Celosia.




The girls each got to pick out their own. They are all so different than I have seen. Not Petunia's or something else that is extremely common. I was so glad. I love all of them. Hopefully we can keep them going as well as our garden. I will update on my garden maybe tomorrow.

No comments: