Thursday, June 26, 2008

Clipless Pedals

I'm going to tell on myself a little here. I got my bike about a week ago as you all know if you've read my blog before. With my bike I also got clipless pedals. For those who don't know what these are I will explain. These pedals have a spot to clip special shoes that have a cleat into the pedal so that your feet don't shift when you ride and you can also pull up and push down to give you more speed because your shoe is completely attached to the pedal. In order to get the cleat out of the pedal you have to kick your heal out and it will detach. So I was riding a couple days ago with a friend and I stopped at the first stoplight no problem, second stoplight, I stopped and no problems, third stoplight I stopped and forgot to take my foot out of my pedal. Yeah I fell off my bike, the bike fell on top of me and my friend was behind me so she almost hit me. Now other than my ego being hurt pretty bad I didn't get hurt other than a bruised knee. It could've been worse than it was. I told myself that would never happen again. HAHAHAHA. Yesterday I went for about a 9 mile bike ride and did really well the whole time. I unclipped my foot out of the pedal and everything when I got home. I hit the curb and was so focussed on my pedal being unclipped the bike started tipping to the side opposite of my unclipped foot and down I went... again. This time the metal pedal hit my ankle. It hurt pretty bad and I have a bruise from it but again it could've been worse. I also have other bruises from where my pedals have hit my legs while not riding my bike. If I get a chance I'll take a picture of my legs so you all can see the beautiful bruises a new bike leads to. By the way you can laugh... I do.

1 comment:

Monique said...

IT kind of made me cringe. Ouch! So to the pool then? :) Good talking to you lately. Can you just move to Hungary. Thanks.