Friday, August 23, 2013

Running...

I wish I could write while I run. When I'm running I come up with the coolest things to write about. I have the coolest revelations and I know exactly how I want them to be put on paper. Then I get home and forget exactly what I wanted to write and the profound thoughts I had while running seem to be hard to get out. Maybe if I had a scribe so that while I am running someone can be in a car next to me listening to my every word and writing it down as I say it. Although it would be better if they could just read my mind so I don't have to talk while I'm running.  But sometimes I think some weird, awkward things so I wouldn't want them to write those things down. So I guess I'm to the point where I'll just have to come home from running and try to rememeber the thoughts I thought while I was running.

By the way... while I was running this morning I realized another thing I do when I feel "depression knock at my door". I run. I don't run away from my problems and issues (well, sometimes I do that too) but I literally run. Or I workout in some way. But mainly I run. I picked this up in high school. As long as I'm not replacing God with running (if I'm focused on running more than God then I need to reprioritize) but there's nothing wrong with running until the good drugs (endorphines) in your body kick in and it makes you feel good. Like I said in my depression post however, this is what works for me. Working out is all around satisfying and beneficial for your mind, body, and soul so I recommend it, but find what works for you and do it!

My goal this week and throughout this school year will be to find a time at least 5 days a week to work out. It's not too much, it's just enough for me. This week I've been watching a couple girls (2 or 3 extra at a time, it's been a lot of fun!) so I've had to get up at 6:00AM to run so I could be ready when they came. Even though it's really hard for me to get up in the morning once I do and get a lot of stuff done before the girls wake up I feel so much calmer throughout the day. It's also super hot here, even at 6AM it's 70 degrees and super humid.

So here I go with goal in mind. No matter how I FEEL the truth is I NEED to get out and run!

No comments: