Monday, November 22, 2010

Astro Boy


So along with my new blog I decided that I was going to post movie reviews (which are just my opinions and don't really mean a whole lot). But I thought it would be fun to do.

We watched Astro Boy tonight and at the beginning of the movie I wasn't too sure I was going to like it. It starts of really sad. But it was a pretty good movie all in all. A little suspensful for my girls. Alyssa always has huge eyes and stands up and jumps around when she gets nervous in a movie and there was a lot of that. At the end of the movie though we related it to God. How do you relate ASTRO BOY to GOD you might ask. Well, I'm not! In the movie it talked about the blue energy and the red energy. I asked Alyssa (my 7 year old) what the blue energy in Astro Boy was like, and she immediately said like God. So I asked her what the red energy (the negative energy) was like and she immediately said dark power or Satan. I was quite impressed with her that she made that distinction. The blue energy was only used for good and the red energy was only used for evil. We talked about that almost at the end of the movie. At the very end of the movie the robot gets brought back to life with the blue energy. This was really cool because Alyssa starts lauging and giggling and says just like God brings people back to life. We are going to try and find parallels like that in every movie from now on because she really thought it was cool.

I say it's a good movie. (Samara said it was a boy movie) but I think it was good for all. Although my three year old didn't understand it at all!

No comments: