Monday, November 22, 2010

Chosen Marathon for Adoption

Chosen Marathon For Adoption
I finished my first half marathon on October 23, 2010!!! I'm so excited that I finished the whole thing. This was a fundraiser to help get our girls home.
This picture is of me before I started running. I was about 18 minutes late starting because I had to go to the bathroom before I started running and the line to the women's restroom was, of course, super long. It didn't matter though. There was a chip on our bib number that would start our own personal time when we crossed the starting line. It took a total of 2 hours and 8 minutes to run, I did end up running the whole thing although I didn't think I was going to be able to when I started. I give all the glory to God for that though because when I would start to get tired I would pray or a praise song would come on and I would just somehow keep going.




The three girls waiting for Mommy to get done running. After I fiinished Alyssa said, "that doesn't look so hard!" The funny thing is that Alyssa is the one in the family that is probably the least athletic. It was hilarious!










This is me just about to go over the finish line. I was so disoriented when I was done! I finally found Micah and asked him where he was at while I was crossing the finish line. I didn't know he was right there taking my picture as I finished. He even said good job and everything but I didn't hear any of it. I was fine until I stopped running.







Stretching is very important after you get done running. Nattie thought that it was important that she stretched with me. Sitting and waiting for Mommy for 2 hours and 8 minutes was a lot of work. Micah actually went to the van and had the laptop play a movie and Micah did his homework while they waited. I had my cell phone while I was running (no I didn't think I was going to need it to call for HELP) because my music is on it and so about two miles out I called him and let him know so he'd be at the finish line. I'm glad I did because he would've waited 3 hours because I told him it would take me at least that to finish. Boy was I wrong!


Well, I'm thinking of doing the same run next year (hills and all!). I'm actually really excited about it already for next year. Prayerfully next year we will have our girls with us so they can come up and wait for Mommy too! Thanks for everyone's prayers and support!!!

No comments: