Saturday, November 27, 2010

THANKSGIVING

On Thanksgiving day our friends Eric, Brent, Sarah Beth, and my sister in law, Erin, came to our house. We had a good time of games, cooking, talking, crafts, and so much other fun. I am so glad that they were able to come down and see us! They helped to make this Thanksgiving a wonderful one.


Eric helping to cut up onions. I made a cucumber salad and it didn't turn out very well at all. Oh well, I won't be making that next year.


Erin made deviled eggs. She is excellent at it. Thanks Auntie Erin!!!


Sarah Beth was painting the girl's nails and Brent thought it might be fun to paint his nails too. He didn't actually do it but he thought about it.


Beautiful Sarah Beth painting the girl's nails.


The turkey is done! I'm basting the turkey to keep it moist.


So this year the turkey turned out AMAZING. I got just a turkey breast because I didn't think anybody would be coming over for Thanksgiving and it would just be our family of 5. Then I found out that all the others would be coming, which makes me super happy, so I went and bought this bird because there were no other "just" turkey breasts.
I didn't do much special except cut up a whole onion and a whole clove of garlic and stuffed the turkey with it. (We love onion and garlic at our house so this is a WINNER.) Then I poured some olive oil over the top and sprinkled it with garlic powder. Then I cooked it for about 4 1/2 hours. I took the turkey breasts out before I took out the whole turkey because it gone done about 30 minutes faster. It was soooooo good. We even ate some of the onions and especially some of the garlic. It was yummy!

The girls eating. They loved it. My three are definitely good eaters!


The crew at the table.


We had the canned cranberry sauce and Samara made the shape of Texas. This is an upside down Texas. If you turn your head you'll be able to see Texas... at least Samara thought so.

No comments: