Thursday, December 2, 2010

CHRISTMAS TREE

We usually set up our Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving. It's what we've always done... family tradition. This year, however, we went to the store for Black Friday shopping and we were exhausted all that day. We slept a good part of it and then we were trying to recouperate the rest of the time. So, we decided that we would wait to set up the tree. The next couple of days were still quite busy so we finally put up our tree on Tuesday night after Daddy got home from work. The girls were, of course, super excited. And so were Mommy and Daddy. I got to take a bunch of pictures with my new camera which is always super fun. I'm thinking about taking a photography class. If I do I'll keep you updated on how that's going. So here are some pictures of the fun night decorating the Christmas tree.
The girls decorated the tree almost all by themselves. Nattie needed a little help and sometimes the branches wouldn't go in right so we'd have to step in but for the most part the girls did the whole thing! They had a blast doing it.

I think I'm helping Nattie in this picture. I'm not quite sure. Usually setting up the tree is super stressful but this year, with the girls being able to do most of it themselves, I wasn't super stressed at all.

Daddy helping Nattie put on another branch.

Alyssa making sure each branch is spread out properly. She kept saying this doesn't look like a great Christmas tree. I didn't blame her for saying that since we've had this tree since we were married 8 years ago! It's slimming down a little more every year. We bought another tree last year but I decoate that one to be fancy, well fancy in this house at least.

Mara putting on an ornament. They call them or-da-mets. It's so cute!

The girls in front of their nicely decorated Christmas tree. Nattie kept ordering the two oldest around. Then she took Micah's phone and kept telling them to stand in front of the Christmas tree so she could take their picture. It was too funny.

Micah putting the star on the top of the tree. I really like how you can see the colors of the paint on my walls.

The finished product. We didn't realize how many ornaments we have. All of the ornaments on this tree are either homemade or were given to us by someone special. Micah even has a couple he made when he was a kid on here. This was a ton of fun. I love Christmas!

No comments: